MiBACT Regional Secretariat for Veneto
The Regional Secretariat is an office of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Tourism, which is in charge of managing the Ministry’s relationships with the regions, local bodies and institutions participating in the protection and enhancement of the region’s cultural patrimony.
Following the signing of the Act of Understanding in 2007, TheSegretariato Regionale MiBACT per il Veneto became a member of the “Steering Committee” of the UNESCO Site “Venice and its Lagoon”. The Committee holds the following Institutional powers regarding the protection, enhancement and management of the Site’s assets: management, orientation, coordination and control of the activities performed by the peripheral structures of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism (Superintendencies, State Archive).
The projects of the Management Plan involving the Regional Secretariat
- Conservation of the Procuratie Nuove, St. Mark’s Square, Venice
- Restoration, functional efurbishment a extension of the Gallerie dell’Accademia, Venice
- Jesuit Church of St. Mary, Venice
- Enhancement of the archaeological area of Altino
- Network for access to and enhancement of Everyday Venice
For further information: