Province of Venice
The Metropolitan City of Venice has about 858,544 inhabitants, a surface area of about 2,462 sq.km, and includes 44 municipalities.
The Metropolitan City is a local authority of the metropolitan area with the following general institutional purposes: strategic development of the metropolitan area; promotion and integrated management of services, infrastructures, and communication networks of interest to the metropolitan city; management of institutional relations concerning its level of government, including relations with European cities and metropolitan areas.
The projects of the Management Plan involving the Metropolitan City of Venice are:
- Feasibility study for the creation of a system of slow mobility network for the access to the Site and navigable rivers
- Diversified proposals of visits to encourage a more complex appreciation of the Site
- Venice Connected extended to the lagoon
- Construction of a cycle route along the canals (from Mirano to Lova, from Lova to Rosara as far as the Chioggia fish-farms)
- Cycle route CONCA of Portegrandi – Caposile
The UNESCO routes in the Metropolitan City of Venice:
For further information: